Tuition: $595.00 plus $75.00 for academic material plus boat fees and fees for gas mixes.
- Minimum age: 15 unless taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures course and then 18 is the minimum age.
- Minimum certification: TDI Nitrox or equivalent.
- Logged dives: Minimum of 25 open water dives, or the equivalent at the discretion of the instructor, in the environment in which the course is being presented.
- The instructor has final approval on accepting anyone into the class even though minimum requirements have been met.
Boat dives additional: $85.00 per charter (approximate)
The TDI Advanced Nitrox course is for those divers who want to optimize their gas mixes when planning dives up 150ft. During the course you will be taught how to effectively use EANx 21 through 100% oxygen.
The main objective is to train divers in the benefits, hazards and proper procedures for utilizing 21-100% oxygen for dives NOT requiring staged decompression. (Decompression techniques may be combined with this course at the discretion of the instructor.)
- Classroom/Briefings – Approximately 6+ hours
- Open water dives – 4 (with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 100 minutes).
Required Equipment: The following equipment is the minimum required for each student:
- Alternate second stage (octo) attached to a primary regulator or a redundant scuba unit (13cuft minimum)
- Submersible pressure gauge
- Depth gauge and automatic bottom timer and/or dive computer
- BCD with power inflator
- Exposure suit adequate for the open water environment (dry suit preferred)
- Tank and regulator properly labeled and cleaned as required for EANx mixtures
- Access to an oxygen analyzer (instructor may supply)
Required Subject Areas:
- Physics – Review on pressure
- Physiology – Review of hypoxia, oxygen toxicity (whole body/out’s, CNS toxicity), nitrogen narcosis, nitrogen absorption and elimination, carbon dioxide toxicity, carbon monoxide toxicity
- Formula work – Best mix calculations, MOD for mix calculations
- Equipment considerations – Up to 40% and above 40% use of oxygen
- Dive tables – EAD use with any table, computer generated tables
- Dive computers – Air, nitrox and multi gas
- Dive planning – Operational: gas requirements, O2 limitations, Nitrogen limitations
- Common mixing procedures – Partial pressure, continuous blending, membrane separation system
- Decompression – EANx usage as a deco gas, 100% O2 for deco, Advantage/disadvantages of multiple gas switches.
Required Open Water Skills:
- Properly analyze gas mixtures
- Demonstrate adequate pre-dive planning; Limits based on personal gas consumption, limits based on O2 exposure at planned depth, limits based on nitrogen absorption at planned depth with actual mix
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Advanced Nitrox Course written exam
- Complete ALL open water requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution.
Required Academic Materials:
- TDI Advanced Nitrox Student manual
- TDI EAD Tables